Saturday, March 31, 2007

Shanked

Yesterday I wanted to walk across the street to go tanning...little did I know that sandals-though easy for tanning-are very susceptible to anything sharp on the ground.
I was walking on the grass and not on the street so I wouldn't get hit by the crazy drivers around here, and I took a step - heard a crunch - felt a sharp stab, and saw red. No one should be able to make green beer bottles....cause they blend too well into the grass! So I looked at the piece of glass that shanked me and it was a big f#cking piece of glass-Anyways, I pulled it out of my foot and started hobbling down back to my house...when I got about half way my foot was soaked with blood-spattering as I hobbled with my flip flops. That freaked me out---it took like 5-10 minutes to get it to stop bleeding once I got home...it looked like a murder scene in the bathroom-I regret not taking pictures now though. Would have made a better blog story with pics.
That happened yesterday and today I can't put any weight on my damn foot at all. I look like a spaz trying to go to the bathroom or trying to get to my room which is UP stairs. So I have no tan-and no use of my right foot at the moment. Sigh. Such is life.

No comments: